WRCTE – Position Opening – Administrative Assistant
The Wabash River Career and Technical Education (WRCTE) Cooperative is searching for an Administrative Assistant to the Director. The WRCTE is a joint services cooperative of the eight school districts located in Fountain, Parke, Vermillion, and Warren Counties. The WRCTE oversees 23 Career and Technical Education (CTE) ½ day shared courses that are housed in the eight member schools. Program enrollment for these students is 359. The WRCTE also assists as needed with technical and data support for 3417 students enrolled in the courses of Agriculture, Business, Engineering, Family and Consumer Science, and Industrial Technology.
All eight member schools financially support the Wabash River CTE Cooperative. South Vermillion serves as the fiscal agent and the Administrative Assistant is technically employed by South Vermillion. The position will range from 200 – 220 days depending on qualifications.
The WRCTE office is located in Montezuma, IN. Should the successful candidate reside closer to one of the Fountain or Warren County schools, efforts will be made for that person to be able to primarily work from one of the Fountain or Warren County schools.
The successful candidate can start as early as 1/3/2022, however, if an extended transition is needed due to current work obligations we are happy to accommodate.
Key requirements/responsibilities of this position follows;
- Prepare and submit approved purchase orders on behalf of the director.
- Maintain electronic files for items paid for with local, state, and federal funds.
- Work with instructors to maintain equipment inventory.
- Serve as the key contact/liaison between counselors and dual credit partners in regards to deadlines and registration.
- Maintain and assist teachers, parents, and students with the WRCTE School Management Software (Harmony)
- Assist the director to maintain, grow, and diversify the WRCTE social media presence.
- Maintain and upgrade the WRCTE Web Page.
- Work in partnership with the director in the coordination of events such as career fairs, recruitment presentations, and staff professional development.
- Serve as a key contact with school counseling personnel in regards to scheduling students in WRCTE classes.
- Maintain an occasional presence in the WRCTE member schools to foster a knowledge of the programs and school personnel.
- Assist instructors in identifying students who need assistance with attendance from their home schools.
- Coordinate certification exams.
- Receive and prioritize traditional mail, electronic mail, and voicemail messages.
- Transition by end of 2022-2023 to the role of InTERS (Indiana CTE Data Portal) Data Specialist.
- Follow up with WRCTE graduates to track work/college/military placements.
The successful candidate must be proficient in Google Workspace.
Please email your application and resume or any questions to;
Link to Application
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.