High School Science Teacher (Biology 1 / Anatomy & Physiology)
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Covington, Indiana
Employer: Covington Community School Corporation
Position Area: High School Certified Staff
Description: Covington High School is seeking a highly motivated, driven, and ambitious teacher to join our team! This position involves hands-on learning, effective communication, overseeing labs, and knowledge of effective teaching strategies.
The individual selected for this position will be expected to:
- Be well prepared when instructing students.
- Meet the needs of individual students.
- Maintain high expectations for student learning, achievement, and behaviors.
- Comply with all rules and regulations as set forth in Board policy.
- Maintain regular and acceptable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the building administration.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a teaching license or have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, preferably in an educational discipline applicable to the teaching assignment
- Effectively communicate across various levels – students, parents, peers, administrators, and community members.
- Be able to work well with others from diverse backgrounds, through the use of positive and effective interpersonal skills.
To Apply for the Posted Position please provide the following:
- Letter of Interest
- A completed CCSC Application
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- A Copy of Professional Teaching License
- Alternatives licensure/qualifications may be considered if the Board finds appropriate need
The above information should be emailed to the following: