To: Students, Parents, Staff, and School – Community Members; Media Fr: Kevin Smith, Superintendent Re: December 2021 Board Meeting
The Covington Community School Corporation School Board conducted two meetings on Monday, December 13, 2021, with the first focused on providing an opportunity for public comment on an advertised superintendent contract. The regular monthly session was held immediately following the public comment meeting.
During the monthly meeting the board:
• Recognized the accomplishments of coach Terry Field and the boys tennis team.
• Received an update on the current status of the COVID – 19 impact within the buildings.
• Approved the following hires: o Shelby Pineda, Swimming Coach o Ben Jones, Wrestling Coach o Terry Field, 2022 Boys Tennis Coach o Jen Sutherlin, 2022 Volleyball Coach o Brennan Crose, 2022 Boys Soccer Coach o Damon Hegg, 2022 Girls Soccer Coach o Staci Stultz, 2022 Cross Country Coach o Lacy Pasquale, Maternity Leave Speech Instructor
• Per the United States Department of Education requirement reviewed the status of the current back – to – school plan, approving a recommendation to continue with the plan in its’ current state.
• Discussed a request for consideration of approval of a residential TIF district. o No action was taken by the board.
• Approved paying non – certified staff for those impacted by a loss of work opportunity due to the recent closure of the elementary school for e – learning.
• Approved requests from five (5) out – of – district transfer students.
• Authorized corporation treasurer, Vicki Jones, to address necessary expense items over the final two weeks of the budget year in order to ensure the continuation of operations, as deemed appropriate.
• Approved a proposal for the implementation of new salary scales for non – certified hourly staff; and approved a proposal to provide salary increases for all non – certified and WRSS staff members.
• Approved a proposal to provide a health insurance deduction holiday for corporation health insurance members in the month of December 2021.
• Was presented with Policy 115 (board member participation via electronic means) under the first reading process.
• Learned that the DLGF had approved the 2022 CCSC budget with a slight reduction in one of four funds.
• Heard a report out of the IDOE Results Driven Accountability Audit recently completed at CCSC, with the schools identified as Level 1 facilities.
There were no public comments offered during the public session on a superintendent contract.
The board will conduct their first meeting of 2022 on Monday, January 10, 2022.
Thank you for your support of our children and of the Covington School – Community.