COVID-19 School Plan Updated Guidelines for School Attendance – Aug. 2022
COVID-19 School Plan
Updated Guidelines for School Attendance
• All students will attend in-person instruction in the traditional Monday – Friday format.
o The high school will continue to offer the APEX on-line learning opportunity as approved by the building principal.
▪ Note: CCSC believes that the best learning opportunity for the individual child is through in-person instruction. With this said, we recognize that individual situations may develop around which an option, such as APEX, may be the most effective for the respective student. When, and if, such a situation may occur, the individual student/family should schedule a meeting with the respective building principal to initiate a review.
• Daily schedules will remain as previously used with in school times of 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the high and middle schools. The elementary school will continue to provide instruction from 8:05 a.m. to 2:55 p.m. o Wednesday early release schedules will also remain the same.
✓ High and Middle School – 8:00 a.m. to 2:35 p.m.
✓ Elementary school – 8:05 a.m. to 2:25 p.m.
• Due to prior changes in recommendations from both the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC), for the 2022-2023 school year, unless circumstances dictate otherwise, CCSC will continue to no longer perform the following actions:
o Contract tracing will not take place in the schools
o No documentation of a negative test will be required to return to school
o No isolation protocol will be used
o Positive cases will only be shared for monitoring purposes
• In school positive cases reported by parent/guardian will still be required to isolate days 1-5 and return to school with a mask on days 6-10 (NOTE: this is only in the event of a reported positive case. CCSC, as stated, will not contact trace cases in CCSC schools).
• The school corporation will return to recognizing perfect attendance for the 2022 – 2023 school year.
• Return to normal busing parameters for the 2022 -2023 school year.
• Traditional classroom arrangements will be in place for the 2022 -2023 school year.
• Field trips will be permitted at all levels for the 2022 -2023 school year.
• Students and staff are encouraged to bring their own water or water bottles for use when possible.