Wabash River Special Services Cooperative
Special Education Consultant/Preschool Coordinator
- Degree in Special Education and/or Early Childhood. Experience and Licensure in multiple exceptionality areas preferred.
- Experience in the development of IEP’s and Behavior Intervention Plans
- Knowledgeable of Article 7 and compliance monitoring
RESPONSIBLE TO Wabash River Special Services Cooperative Director of Special Education
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES Consultant/Preschool Coordinator:
- Will serve as a liaison between WRSSC, School Building Administrators, and Special Education Teachers in assigned school corporations and the WRSSC office
- Will coordinate Transition from 1st Steps referrals and Early Childhood Referral to Evaluate process
- Will provide consultative support during the IEP/Case Conference process
- Will serve as a resource for general and special education teachers/administrators regarding IDEA, Article 7 Rules/Regulations, WRSSC policy/procedures, and Best Practice in Special Education
- Serve as members of the multi-disciplinary team in evaluation of students for programs/services in special education
- Will provide consultative support and technical assistance to the school staff of assigned corporations regarding Special Education curriculum & methodology.
- Will participate in pre-referral activities by conducting observations, assessments and /or interaction with General Education Intervention Teams, Special Education personnel and/or 1st Step Providers
- Will participate in, conduct, and organize needed in-service activities in assigned school corporations.
- Will assist in reviewing student’s Special Education Records to adhere to federal and state regulations.
- Will participate in professional training programs in order to keep abreast of current trends and issues, rules/regulations, research, case law, materials, and information regarding special education issues.
- Will perform other duties deemed necessary as directed by the Director of Special Education.