Organization: Wabash River Special Services Cooperative
Contact for Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Positions: (2) Occupational Therapist Assistant
Employment Type: Full Time position
JOB TITLE: School Based Occupational Therapy Assistant
REPORTS TO: Director of Special Education
To provide occupational therapy services under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist for eligible students with disabilities ages 3 through 21 within Wabash River Special Services Cooperative Schools. The provisions of Occupational Therapy services may include progress monitoring, functioning of basic life activities, prevention, adapting, and consultation for students already eligible for special education services.
• Provide direct or consultative support intended to improve the educational outcomes for students with disabilities.
• Assist in developing appropriate strategies and interventions utilizing evidence-based practices for students with disabilities.
• Work collaboratively and cooperatively as part of a student-centered, multi-disciplinary team including parents, teachers, and other professionals.
• Complete all necessary paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
• Support instruction to assigned students as addressed in the students’ Individualized Education Program (IEP) or Individualized Service Plan (ISP).
• Provide input and assistance for classroom management as related to sensory strategies and management for students with disabilities.
• Integrate therapy services to enhance instruction within the classroom curriculum.
• Consult with teachers, school psychologists, speech pathologists, assistive technology team members and staff members.
• Collaborate with building principals and other professionals in providing services for students with disabilities.
• Observe confidentiality requirements for referred and identified students.
• Maintain scheduled consultation and collaboration with teachers and supervising Occupational Therapists appropriate for the students’ IEP/ISP.
• Communicate the occupational therapy requirements of the student’s IEP/ISP in a manner that ensures that all professionals and paraprofessionals involved with individual students understand their responsibilities.
• Document daily service notes in respective therapy logs as required for IEP/ISP compliance and Medicaid billing.
• Provide input and collaborate with the Teacher of Record and Supervising Occupational Therapist in a timely manner for progress monitoring in the IEP/ISP of students on their caseload.
• Assume responsibility for continued learning and best practices in the field of Occupational Therapy.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Under state regulations (Article 7) Occupational Therapy is a related service that must be provided by an occupational therapist and may be provided in conjunction with an occupational therapy assistant both of whom are to be certified by the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency. Both the Occupational Therapist licenses and Occupational Therapy Assistant certifications expire on December 31 of even-numbered years.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 185 day contract 7.5 hour day following school calendar