High School/Middle School Special Education Instructor
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Covington, Indiana
Employer: Covington Community School Corporation
Position Area: 6-12 Mild Special Education Instructor
Description: The teacher will instruct 6-12 grade MI students in core academic subjects.
The individual selected for this position will be expected to:
- Instruct 6-12 grade students in all academic areas at individual levels.
- Create, follow, and communicate IEP goals and plans.
- Be well prepared when instructing students.
- Meet the needs of individual students.
- Maintain high expectations for student learning, achievement, and behaviors.
- Comply with all rules and regulations as set forth in Board policy.
- Maintain regular and acceptable attendance;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the building administration.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a special education license, or have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Effectively communicate across various levels – students, parents, peers, administrators, and community members.
- Be able to work well with others from diverse backgrounds, through the use of positive and effective interpersonal skills.
To Apply for the Posted Position please provide the following:
- Letter of Interest
- A completed CCSC Application
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- A Copy of Professional Teaching License
The above information should be emailed to the following: