2020 – 2021 Social Studies Instructor
Covington High School
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Covington, Indiana
Employer: Covington Community School Corporation
Position Area: High School Social Studies
Description: Covington Community School Corporation provides growth and development opportunities to approximately 850 students, through a commitment focused on ensuring rigorous and relevant instruction, through the development of positive and effective relationships.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have, or be willing to attain, a Master’s Degree in the area of Social Studies
- Hold, or be willing to attain, certification to teach Dual Credit courses;
- Hold, or be willing to attain, certification in additional areas of education, such as English;
- Have a minimum of 3 – 5 years of proven success as a classroom instructor; and
- Have the skillset to effectively communicate across various levels, students, parents, peers, administrators, and school – community members.
- Be open to accept available extra – curricular opportunities, as deemed appropriate.
The individual selected for this role will be expected to:
- Put the needs of children first, foremost, and at all times;
- Support the CCSC philosophy of instruction, which is focused on Student – Centered activities, through the effective utilization of technology;
- Be well prepared when instructing students;
- Meet the needs of the individual student;
- Identify opportunities – for – improvement, in the classroom and throughout the educational environment;
- Maintain high expectations for student learning, achievement, and behavior;
- Implement district and building level initiatives;
- Model data driven decision making;
- Utilize proven, research based instructional techniques;
- Maintain the highest degree of integrity, while modeling character at its’ finest;
- Model the philosophy of servant leadership, while conducting instructional and other duties;
- Provide effective and proactive feedback through the utilization of formative assessment techniques and resources;
- Support a collaborative environment, including engaging parents in the educational programming of their students;
- Demonstrate highly effective content knowledge;
- Ensure positive and effective classroom management;
- Comply with all rules and regulations as set forth in Board policy;
- Maintain regular and acceptable attendance; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by the building administration.
Note: Covington Community School Corporation has available open extra – curricular opportunities, in the athletic and non – athletic areas.
To Apply for the Posted Position please provide the following:
- Letter of Interest
- A Copy of Professional Resume
- A Completed CCSC Application
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- A Copy of Professional Teaching License
The above information should be emailed to: email@example.com