Title /Position: Social Worker
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2021
Date Close: Sunday, May 09, 2021
Category: School Counselor / Social Work / Psychology
Employment Type: Full Time
Start Date: Monday, March 01, 2021
Corp Name: Covington Community School Corp
School: Covington Middle School
Level: Middle School / Junior High Job Description
The role will provide services to the students of the middle school by assisting students, families, and teacher address issues that may be affecting a child’s emotional well-being and academic performance.
- Put the needs of children first, foremost, and at all times by
a. Providing training for teachers and parents.
b. Assessing students for any number of issues, such as substance abuse.
c. Providing crisis management.
d. Supporting a multidisciplinary team treatment plan.
e. Conducting individual student assessment and program sessions.
f. Conducting student group assessment program sessions.
- Complying with all rules and regulations as set forth in Board policy;
- Maintaining the appropriate documentation as set forth in school district policy, state and federal regulations’
- Professionally representing the school district at all times when interacting with students, parents, staff, and school – community members;
- Reporting safety concerns and hazards immediately to supervisor;
- Maintaining the appropriate certifications and training hours as required;
- Complying with applicable school district, state, local, and federal laws, rules, and regulations;
- Attending work regularly and on time;
- Attending meetings, in – service, staff, etc…;
- Collaborating and Communicating as a member of the school corporation student services team;
- Performing other duties related to serving the emotional well-being of the individual child; and
- Performing other duties as assigned by the building principal and/or superintendent. Job Qualifications
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications, at a minimum:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work related field.
- 3 – 5 years of social work experience (Relevant experience will be considered).
- A proven history of successful work with at – risk students.
- Best practice collaboration and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work with a high level of flexibility.
- Commitment to a student – centered approach.
Name: Kevin R Smith
Address: 601 Market Street, 601 Market Street, Covington, IN 47932
Interested individuals are to provide the following:
- Letter of Interest
- Completed school corporation application
- Professional Resume
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (Must be dated within 90 Days of posting)
- Copy of applicable licensing, certifications, etc…
Email the above to:
|Job Category||Support Staff|