- Covington City – Collecting New/Gently Used Winter Coats
The City of Covington, IN, is collecting new and gently used winter coats (adult and children sizes) for its annual coat give-away this fall.
“The community has always been very supportive of this program,” states Clerk-Treasurer Debby Gurley. “As before, we especially need children’s washable coats sizes infant through 16.”
Coats may be brought to the City Building, 1329 Second Street, between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm (EST) weekdays. The city is also accepting monetary donations for the purchase of winter coats.
In addition, between September 4th and September 22nd, coats may be donated at these Covington businesses during regular business hours:
• CentreBank, 315 Washington Street.
• County Market, 301 Third Street.
• Covington Public Library, 622 Fifth Street.
• Industrial Federal Credit Union, 413 East Washington Street.
• Old National Bank, 401 Washington Street.
• Vibrant Credit Union, 417 Liberty Street.
Coat distribution will begin October 1st, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm (EST) weekdays, at the CityBuilding, and will continue while coat supplies last.
In 2017, the city distributed more than 400 coats to area residents in need.
Additional information is available at (765) 793-3423.
Covington Community School Corporation
601 Market Street
Covington, IN. 47932