Position: Extra Curricular Treasurer
Facility: Covington High School
Reports To: Building Principal
Date of Posting: October 25, 2018
Date of Closing: Position will remain open until the ideal candidate is selected to fill the job.
Covington High School has an opening for an Extra Curricular Treasurer. The selected individual will also work closely with the Athletic Director, performing administrative assistance duties.
- Postsecondary coursework required; a minimum of an associate’s degree preferred
- Working knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Basic computer skills such as: MS Office and Google Drive
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced working environment
- Self-starter and self-motivated with very little direction on a regular basis
- Detail-oriented and consistently maintains the characteristics of honesty, integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality on a daily basis
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with staff, students, parents, and community members
Scheduled Hours of Work: 8:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
Salary and Benefits: Commensurate with experience / qualifications
The responsibilities of the role will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Maintain financial records for all extracurricular accounts for the entire corporation (elementary, middle, and high school buildings).
- Receive all ECA funds and handle all money transactions for the high school, middle school, elementary school, athletic fund and auto mechanics CTE program
- Responsible for all requests for purchase and purchase orders
- Write receipts for all money received
- Make bank deposits daily
- Manage bank investments records of interest earned
- Develop and maintain computer journals for all extracurricular accounts
- Balance the bank account and ledger to balance with bank statement on the first of every month
- Create a monthly cash reconcilement report
- Create account balance reports for distribution to each account sponsor every month
- Collect book rental and write receipts. Keep a list up-to-date of those unpaid
- Develop and distribute notification letters for unpaid textbook rental fees
- Develop and maintain free and reduced report annually
- Collect all CTE course fees
- Collect CTE auto mechanics labor fee and parts payments and write receipts
- Collect driver education fees and write receipts
- Make change boxes for all ECA events
- Develop year-end report for state board of accounts by July 1 each year
- Develop the Gateway report for the corporation annual report
- Complete ordering for high school supplies, textbooks, etc.
- Set up new files and accounts at the beginning of new school year.
- Box and label previous year’s files and reports for state board of accounts audit.
- Balance money boxes for all athletic events and make deposits
- Ensure all money boxes are properly prepared for all MS/HS athletic events
- Maintain ticket sales reports for all athletic events
- Pay all bills and develop and distribute checks for all event officials and supervisors
- Sell and record all sports passes
- Sell and record all tournament tickets/passes
- Develop annual itemized report for all athlete teams
- Any other duties assigned by athletics director and/or building principal
Interested individuals should email the following information to the Covington Community School Corporation District Office:
- Professional Resume
- Completed CCSC Application
- Letter of Interest
- Three (3) Reference Letters
Application materials should be emailed to Kevin Smith, Superintendent, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Job Category||Support Staff|