Job Type: Full Time
Location: Covington, Indiana
Employer: Covington Community School Corporation
Position Area: Maintenance
Reports To: Superintendent
Purpose: To ensure school district facilities operate in an efficient and safe manner.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a High School Diploma.
- Hold certifications in facility maintenance and management.
- Have a minimum of 3 – 5 years of proven success in the area of building and grounds
- Hold a motor vehicle operator’s license, with the ability to provide own transportation.
- Hold a CDL – B license, or open to attain required license, with the ability and willingness
to drive corporation owned buses.
- Have the skillset to effectively communicate across various levels, students, parents,
peers, administrators, and school – community members.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provides maintenance within district facilities daily.
- Maintains life cycle schedules for equipment.
- Examines heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning (HVAC) equipment on a regular
basis, working to ensure each item is maintained properly.
- Performs the necessary repairs, service, and maintenance on HVAC, and all other
equipment as necessary.
- Maintains the safe condition of electrical apparatus, air-conditioning, refrigeration,
emergency generators, and other such electrical elements in school district facilities.
- Monitors reports from energy management systems, providing suggestions and
recommendations for continuous improvement, based on a data – driven focus.
- Assists with the proper operating procedures of building equipment, while determining
repairs which may be performed by corporation staff, including custodians,
maintenance personnel, and outside contractors.
- Performs tasks to maintain buildings and grounds in safe and operable condition, such
as making minor repairs to property, clearing snow and ice, as well as other similar
- Follows all applicable safety rules, procedures, and regulations governing the proper use
to tools and power equipment.
10.Wears appropriate safety gear.
11.Have the ability to withstand hands and work in crawl spaces.
12.Understands how to use the necessary tools required to successfully execute job duties.
13.Willingness to provide occasional strenuous physical work and to work in poor weather
conditions, such as heat, cold, rain, or snow.
14.Follows corporation established policies and guidelines.
15.Performs other such duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
To Apply for the Posted Position please provide the following:
- Letter of Interest
- A Copy of Professional Resume
- A Completed CCSC Application
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
The above information should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Job Category||Support Staff|